The City of Cape Coral proudly announces its Inaugural Hurricane Preparedness Art Contest.
Students who live in Cape Coral and are currently enrolled in kindergarten through 12th grade are encouraged to create and submit artwork with a theme of “Hurricane Preparedness.”
Artwork should be submitted online beginning Wednesday, March 15, and ending Saturday, April 15.
Three winners will be selected and honored at a City Council Meeting. The winning pieces will be displayed throughout the City and may be used as a logo for the City’s 2023 Hurricane Season.
Each entry must be original in concept, design, and execution and may not violate U.S. copyright laws. For a complete list of rules and guidelines, click here.
Accepted mediums are as follows:
- Paintings: oil, acrylics, watercolor, etc.
- Drawings: colored pencil, pencil, ink, marker, pastels, charcoal
- Collages: must be two dimensional
- Prints: lithographs, silkscreen, block prints
- Mixed Media: use of more than two mediums such as pencil, ink, watercolor, etc.
- Computer-generated art
Pieces will be judged on relevance to the theme, creativity, and quality.