Effective January 17, the City Hall Permitting Counter will only accept and verify permit application documents. Permits will not be immediately issued at the Permitting Counter.
To receive most types of roofing, electrical, fence, garage door, plumbing re-pipe, or shutter/awning permits immediately, apply through the City’s Self-Service portal at www.CapeCoral.gov/energov.
Many common types of permits are issued immediately online.
“Push-Button” permits now include:
- Air Conditioning (Residential)
- Emergency Electrical Repair/Replace (Residential and Commercial)
- Fence Repair/Replace (Residential)
- Garage Door Replacement (Residential)
- Roof Metal or Shingle (Residential)
- Roof Tile (Residential)
- Dock Electric (Residential)
- Plumbing Re-pipe (Residential and Commercial)
- Shutters/Awning (Residential)
- Shutters/Awning with Electric (Residential)
Apply for and receive your permit immediately by visiting www.CapeCoral.gov/energov.
If you need assistance submitting an application through EnerGov, visit our EnerGov Citizens Self-Service kiosk at the south end of the Permitting Counter.
Current Permitting Counter Hours
- Monday – Thursday: 7:30 a.m. through 4:00 p.m.*
- Closed Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- *Last Sign-in at 3:00 p.m.
To join the Permitting Counter’s virtual line, please visit www.capecoral.gov/qless.