On June 11, 2022, an officer from the Cape Coral Police Department initiated a traffic stop on a vehicle for several traffic infractions at 2200-Block of Del Prado Blvd South.
Contact was made with Vanessa Rovira (W/F 07-28-1985, 3708 SE 9th Place) who was the driver and sole occupant of this vehicle. While Ms. Rovira was retrieving her license, registration, and proof of insurance the officer was able to see in plain view a smokey glass cylindrical pipe with a white powdery substance sitting in the center console. Next to the glass pipe was a white powdery substance in a small plastic baggie.
The investigation revealed that Ms. Rovira claimed ownership of the baggie that tested positive for suspect cocaine and a glass pipe used as drug paraphernalia. Search incident to arrest several more plastic baggies were located on her person which was later identified as suspect fentanyl and mannitol, which is used as a cutting agent for fentanyl.
Numerous other drug paraphernalia, scales, plastic baggies, and other items were in Ms. Rovira’s purse and vehicle. It was also learned that Ms. Rovira had an active failure to appear warrant for a misdemeanor charge of possession of drug paraphernalia.
Ms. Rovira was subsequently transported to Lee County Jail.
Ms. Rovira was charged with the following:
- Possession of Fentanyl with Intent to Sell, F.S.S. 893.13(1)(a)(1).
- Possession of Marijuana with Intent to Sell, F.S.S. 893.13(1)(a)(2).
- Possession of a Controlled Substance (Fentanyl) F.S.S. 893.13(6)(a).
- Possession of a Controlled Substance (Oxycodone Hydrochloride) F.S.S. 893.13(6)(a).
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia F.S.S. 893.147(1).
- Failure to Appear Warrant F.S.S. 843.15 (1)(b).