On Friday, February 18, 2022, the Cape Coral Animal Shelter will be hosting the 2nd Annual Pj’s and Paws—A Night at the Shelter to benefit the animals.
This SUPER FUN PAJAMA PARTY will feature 17 representatives of local businesses who will dress in their finest pajamas and spend the night with the animals. Participants will be matched with one of our resident canines or assigned a cat manor and are encouraged to decorate their “suite” to impress their “date.” The human can read to their “date,” sing, take them for a walk, play, or just spend time together. At the end of the night, when all is quiet, humans can cuddle up and spend the night with their “date” or tuck them in to dream of their forever home.
Each will be working toward a goal of raising a minimum of $2,000 through their networks and social media with a goal of raising $34,000 to support the lifesaving work we do. Throughout the event, there will be Facebook live check-ins and each business/celebrity participating will get a chance to shine in their Pj’s and show off their “date” for the evening.
“Our first PJ’s and Paws was a direct result of the Covid-19 pandemic,” said Liz McCauley, Executive Director.
“Since our fundraisers were cancelled or postponed, we had to find creative ways to raise much needed funds while still being able to social distance. We felt this was a fun way to raise money and awareness for our adoptable animals. Much to our amazement, we raised over $36,000, it was a lot of fun, and it has now become one of our signature events.”
2022 Participants include:
- Angela Maus—Wicked Dolphin Distillery
- Barbara Fries—SWFL Parrot Head Club
- “Sadie”—96.9 WINK FM Morning Show Personality
- Brittany Probeck—Galena CDJR
- Chelsea Castoria—CONRIC pr+marketing
- Danielle Somerville—Florida Veterinary Referral Center/SCAN Naples
- Denise Deters—Wells Fargo Bank
- Dr. Cecilia Fisher, Cape Coral Pet Vet
- Jessica Walker—Markham, Norton Mosteller & Wright & Co.
- Lee County Sheriff’s Office Representatives
- Dr. Megan Davis—Viscaya Prado Veterinary Hospital
- Melanie Waite—Cape Coral Animal Shelter
- Paige Sheatzley—Florida Veterinary Referral Center/SCAN Naples
- Rachel Anderson—ABC-7 “More in The Morning”
- Patrick Rossi—Mercola Market
- Stephanie Ramos—Florida Veterinary Referral Center/SCAN Naples
- Sara Turner—The IMAG History & Science Center