The Shell Factory & Nature Park will host the CrocaGator National Bullying Prevention Month Event to encourage children to speak out against bullying.
On Saturday, October 16th, 2021, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., kids can enter the sought-out attraction for free, provided that they are accompanied by an adult.
Activities for school-age guests include:
- FREE event for kids with a paid entry of an adult.
- FREE gift for kids participating.
- Animal displays and discussions from nature park handlers throughout the day.
- Sidewalk chalking and poster signing anti-bully pledges
- Taking pictures with and receiving autographs from CrocaGator Sonny
- Taking part in miniature golf and bumper boat rides with a purchase of a kids meal ($5.99)
- Viewing a plant project donated by World Farms in Naples. Plants can be taken home for a small donation.
- Sitting in on a book reading of “You’re a Bullied CrocaGator” (occurring every 30 minutes)
- Book signing by author Kenny Rager for every book purchased in the gift store (complementary anti-bullying bookmarker)
Throughout the day, the Nature Park & Environmental Education Foundation will host a fundraiser, requesting small donations in exchange for plants. Meanwhile, The Shell Factory will provide giveaways and event participation bracelets to all children as well as raffle off a one-on-one encounter with a sloth, under the supervision of a park trainer.
The Shell Factory asks children to wear orange to the CrocaGator National Bullying Prevention Month Event, as it is inspired by a nationwide campaign that brings bullying prevention to the forefront. Founded in 2006 by PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center, it is now recognized by hundreds of schools and organizations via educational and awareness-related activities every October.
For more information, visit ShellFactory.com.