Cape Coral State Farm Agents Mike and Dawn Sullivan announce four Lee County teachers are receiving a boost towards their innovative teaching methods as recipients of State Farm Teacher Assist program grants.
The local grantees are:
- Marion Eidem, Pace Center for Girls
- Anna Haag, Trafalgar Middle School
- Dianna Quay, Cape Coral High School
- Joy Williams, North Fort Myers High School
Each of their schools will receive $2,500 to implement their innovative ideas.
In total, 40 grant recipients were selected statewide, a total of $100,000 to Florida classrooms. Two hundred Florida entries were submitted as part of the Teacher Assist Program.
Entries were scored based on three criteria:
- how students benefit from the submitted project;
- how the project advances academic achievement;
- the innovation, creativity, and engagement of the educational project.