Until December 14, the Cape Coral Fire Department will be collecting toys and gifts for children in our community who have special needs, suffer from chronic illnesses such as cancer, are in foster care, or have families struggling with financial difficulties.
Donations for boys and girls of all ages (newborn to 17 years) are needed. Gifts for teens are often in short supply. Please consider donating gift cards, makeup, body soaps and lotions, perfume or cologne, arts and crafts supplies, sport equipment, or entertainment items for this age group.
Collection boxes for the toy drive are located at each of the 11 fire stations throughout Cape Coral:
- Station 1 – 4610 Coronado Parkway
- Station 2 – 701 Nicholas Parkway
- Station 3 – 1627 Everest Parkway
- Station 4 – 2007 Santa Barbara Boulevard
- Station 5 – 1029 Diplomat Parkway
- Station 6 – 4540 Chiquita Parkway
- Station 7 – 3942 Burnt Store Road N
- Station 8 – 707 SW 1st Street
- Station 9 – 4107 Pelican Boulevard
- Station 10 – 3623 Gator Circle West
- Station 11 – 1038 Burnt Store Road
“Last year, over 1500 children received toys,” says Fire Chief Ryan W. Lamb, “This year due to the impact of COVID-19, we expect the need to be even greater. We are grateful that through the continued support and generosity of the Cape Coral community, we are able to help our neighbors enjoy the holiday season, which they may not otherwise be able to do.”
For more information on the toy drive, such as specific gift needs/requests, please visit the Cape Coral Fire Department’s Facebook page (CapeCoralFD) or website www.capecoralfire.com). For further information on how to become a business partner or to make or request a donation, please contact Andrea Schuch, Public Affairs Specialist, at (239) 242-3303 or email@example.com.