|The COVID-19 test site has been open for almost a week now. This testing is for ages 18 and up only and is free to the public. Those under 18 should consult their healthcare provider for testing.|
Going into the weekend with the weather forecast, remember that this testing site is an outdoor facility and may be subject to delays for inclement weather condition. As a reminder, this test site is for COVID-19 virus; it is not a testing site for antibodies. This site is for those who want to know if they currently have COVID-19.
Here is what you need to know before coming to the testing site:
- Testing for ages 18 and up only. For children under 18, contact your healthcare provider.
- It is a two-hour wait from the gate, although wait times are significantly less by mid-morning. Consider bringing an audiobook to pass the time.
- You must bring a valid photo ID for everyone being tested.
- Bring a face-covering / mask; you must cover your mouth for the nasal swab.
- Stay in your vehicles at all times.
- Keep your windows closed until given direction to open for the nasal swab.
- Your vehicle must have working windows that can be lowered for testing; doors must stay closed at all times.
- Make sure your vehicle has enough fuel to last the entire time and plan accordingly.
- Bring your own water, snacks, and any medication that you will need, especially if you have any medical condition that requires you to eat.
- Testing site opens at 9 a.m. sharp; please do not line up cars outside the gate.
- Be patient, be kind: The people who choose to be tested are people who believe they might have COVID-19, so keeping the workers safe is important.
The testing site will remain open, seven days a week from 9 a.m. until gates close at 3 p.m., until further notice. The goal is to fill the needs of the community.
For additional Lee County updates, visit www.leegov.com/covid-19. For the latest in limited services and closures at the Lee County Clerk of Court’s office due to COVID-19 visit our website www.LeeClerk.org.