In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, your Clerk of Courts Office is meeting daily to address many issues. We appreciate you taking the time to keep up with the changes happening daily as we all deal with this crisis.
Difficult decisions are being made with much thought and consideration to protect the public and our employees and still provide essential services. Please remember to use our online services or call to determine if there are other options rather than coming into our offices.
Please note the following changes to our operations effective until further notice unless specified below:
- Jury Duty – Jury service has been canceled through March 27. Check our Jury Duty page for updates on jury service. As a reminder, seniors age 70 or older have options to be excused from jury duty. Check your jury summons for details.
- Center – Legal Aid appointments have been suspended until further notice.
- Passport Services – Effective, 18, Passport services have been suspended until further notice. Call 877-487-2778 for other passport service locations.
- Bonita Springs Clerk’s Office – Effective, Friday, March 20, Clerks services suspended until further notice.
- Be Your Own Detective seminar – scheduled for March 25 is canceled and will be rescheduled at a later date.
- Wedding Ceremonies – Effective Wed. March 18, the wedding room will be closed for ceremonies until further notice. Couples may still be married at the Clerk’s desk, but there will be no ceremonies held in the wedding room.
All other services are still provided in our offices. In compliance with social distancing requested by the CDC, we are asking both the employees and the public to please not enter the building if they are sick or have been exposed to someone who is sick unless they are required to do so. As mentioned above, we are asking the public to please use our online services or call to find out if there are alternatives to appearing in person.
We encourage everyone to check www.LeeClerk.org for continued updates and to find our online services, such as electronically submitting Official Records for recording, e-filing Court documents, paying fees, fines, and tourist tax and for instructions to mail payments.
We appreciate your patience and hope you will stay safe during these uncertain times.