City of Cape Coral officials urges residents and visitors to take proper precautions to slow the spread of COVID-19. The health and safety of our community and staff are our top priority.
Protect yourself and your community from COVID-19:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially using the restroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are feeling ill.
The City of Cape Coral has NOT declared a State of Local Emergency. The City’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC) is monitoring the situation and is not activated at this time. The City is working closely with our local, state and federal officials to receive the latest updates and recommendations. This is a rapidly evolving situation and information will be provided as it becomes available.
Out of an abundance of caution, watching meetings from home may be the best option, if you don’t have plans to speak during a meeting.
For information related to COVID-19:
- Florida Department of Health’s Coronavirus call center 1-866-779-6121 is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Please visit www.coronavirus.gov or www.floridahealth.gov