The Cape Coral Fire Department would like to invite you to the grand opening of Fire Station 11, located at 1038 Burnt Store Rd. N. tomorrow, November 7, at 10 am.
There will be remarks by Fire Chief Ryan Lamb, City Manager John Szerlag, and Council Member Rick Williams followed by fire department traditions including the uncoupling of a fire hose (in lieu of a ribbon cutting), the raising of the flag, and a housing ceremony for Engine 11.
Below are a few facts on Station 11:
- Four firefighters
- Advanced Life Support
- Sutphen fire engine
- Brush truck
- First Cape Coral fire station built since 2009
- Rated for winds of 175mph
- Estimated to provide 50+ years of service
- Incorporates areas currently covered by Stations 7 and 8.
- Groundbreaking occurred on January 11, 2018
- Total cost of $4,070,189 funded by Debt Proceeds secured by the Fire Service Assessment (FSA)