- 2 Tablespoons of salted butter
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley, flat or curly
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh (preferred) basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup of ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded Muenster or mozzarella cheese
- 1 store pie dough or make your own pie dough recipe
Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add zucchini (in small batches) and onion; cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in parsley, salt, pepper garlic powder, basil and Italian seasoning.
In a large bowl, mix eggs, ricotta & cheese choice, add cooked vegetable mixture; stir gently to mix.
Place pie dough in an ungreased pie pan or 8 X 12 pan. Press over bottom and up sides to form crust. Par bake for approx. 10 minutes. Pour egg mixture evenly into crust-lined pie plate. Bake approx. 20 minutes, until knife comes out clean. Let cool for approx. 10 minutes.
Enjoy! This makes a great dish or can even be substituted as a mean with a great salad.
If necessary, cover edges of crust with strips of foil during last 10 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning.
Buno Appettio, I hope you feel the LOVE! Ciao!
Jill Bacus owner/chef at Ciao!