Taste of the Cape aims to be a premier cultural event in Cape Coral, and as the fourth year of the event has come to a close, the hard work is paying off. With a record 22 restaurants there was something for everyone to try. Each restaurant offered a signature $3 item and the winners for the day were:
- Best Overall– Perk and Brew- Turkey and Bacon Panini
- Best Presentation– Overtime Sports Bar- Mango Crab Stack
- Best Sweet Treat– Cape Creamery- Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
There were three great performances throughout the day. The day opened at 12 with the LCEC’s charity band, The Killowatts. Then the US Air Force Singing Sergeants took the stage, the last stop on their Florida Tour. Finally the day was capped off by the Gulf Coast Symphony only free outdoor concert with a Salute to America with patriotic songs and recognition of our Armed Forces and First Responders.
As a charity event, all of the proceeds benefit the Cape Coral Chamber of Commerce Education Committee’s multiple education outreach programs, and the Gulf Coast Symphony’s music education and community programs.
- Estimate of 10,000 people joined us last year, and we feel that this year is similar, but numbers have not tallied.
- We also have vendor village, showcasing local Cape Coral vendors, many of which can be found at the Cape Coral Farmers Market.
- Unique event in that it is the only taste event with both free parking and free admission to be held during season for our seasonal residents.